About this Program
Note: The Ed.D. program is not currently admitting new students. Your name can be added to our inquiry list, and we will be happy to contact you when the program is prepared to admit a new cohort of students. If you are interested in being added to the inquiry list, please email [email protected].
As a student in UMD's EdD program, you'll learn to bridge the gap between research and professional practice in the classroom. Courses in historical foundations, research, and assessment will train you to be a scholarly practitioner. You'll apply your knowledge to your career in P-12, higher education, social work and more.
UMD is just the right size to offer the advantages of a research university, while ensuring you get the personal attention necessary to realize your full potential.
- low faculty to graduate student ratio
- up-to-date facilities and technology
- opportunities to exchange ideas with faculty and peers across disciplines
Doctoral study in this program will help you:
- Acquire greater content knowledge in teaching and learning;
- Develop abilities for research in the field of teaching and learning;
- Evolve a broadened professional background in areas related to teaching and learning, such as systems and system interactions, and methods for program improvement; and
- Increase levels of cultural competence
To find out what our recent graduates are doing, see the Career and Internship Services Report: Follow-up of Majors
Note: This program is not currently accepting applications. If you would like to be notified when new applications will be considered, please contact [email protected].