About this Program
The Master of Tribal Administration and Governance (MTAG) is an applied development degree for current or future tribal administrators, council members and tribal leaders. MTAG courses are designed to develop the knowledge and skills you need to work as an administrator in a tribal government.
- explain and analyze the legal, cultural, and political contours of tribal sovereignty
- formulate and apply effective approaches to strategic, operational, human resource, project, and fiscal management in tribal governance contexts
- demonstrate effective applied research and methodological skills regarding tribal sovereignty, governance management, and leadership
- demonstrate effective communication skills regarding tribal sovereignty, governance management, and leadership
- identify, analyze, and apply the leadership qualities required of tribal administrators
- demonstrate the globally contextualized intercultural competencies inherently necessary for effective tribal administration and governance
To find out what our recent graduates are doing, see the Career and Internship Services Report: Follow-up of Majors
Admissions and Scholarships
Visit the program's scholarship page to learn about a range of scholarships available to applicants.